Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Jesus in the Talmud

I recently stumbled across an interesting book entitled The Talmud Unmasked. It is unfortunate that the hagiographic rewriting of history done in the yeshivishe-veldt extended to attributing aggaditta in the gemarah to stories of Jesus. These ideas have, ofcourse, escaped into the "real" world and do nothing less than substantiate canard and lend credence to the claims of our haters. An intellectually honest approach to the passages generally cited, and to the idea of Jesus being discussed in the gemarah at all, is located here. However, I care so little about this that I have already finished writing on the subject. Good-bye.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hza'zal, the greatest leaders of our people have included that information for a very serious reson.

Yeshu was a practitioner of kabbalah in a darker sense which you might call witch craft. It was a very serious situation then. I really can not understand your objections to the "yeshivishe-veldt" and its reasonings.

Uchh.

Yeshu is burning in gehenim in semen and you shouldnt take the issue lightly.

I wish i could have you and this blog put in herem.

Hassidish Spaniard said...

Wow. You are the type of person I generally refer to as "kind of stupid". There is a reason why people who are "kind of stupid" are not given the authority to declare herem. If they were then good frum Jews such as Nosson Slifkin would be ostracized for the heinous crime of intellectual honesty. Oh. Pardon me. How embarrassing. That is precisely what happened. Before you rashly pass judgment on a person whom you have never met and who is demanding nothing more than intellectual honesty perhaps You should first learn to read. Ah, you may well be asking yourself at this very moment "How on earth did he know that not only am I kind of stupid but I am also terminally illiterate?" Well, my friend, you gave it away by posting an offensively ignorant comment. Perhaps the two most important points in my entire post were completely ignored in your vomitous tirade.
1 - I posted a link to a site wherein a rabbi infinitely more knowledgeable than you (but perhaps only slightly more informed than I) has written on this Jesus issue ad nauseum. For you edification, here again is the link. Perhaps someone can read it to you and explain the big words.
www.angelfire.com/mt/talmud/jesusnarr.html

2 - I care very little for this subject, writing on it both bores and irritates me.